Today’s Football News Updates

Today’s Football Titbits

Chelsea are prepared to break their transfer record to sign Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Braut Haaland, 20, this summer, despite the Norway striker’s 75m euro (£66.6m) release clause not becoming active until 2022.

Paris St-Germain sporting director Leonardo insists the club remain keen to sign 33-year-old Argentina forward Lionel Messi, whose contract ends with Barcelona this summer.

PSG expect a decision this week on their bid to sign Tottenham and England midfielder Dele Alli, 24.

Egypt forward Mohamed Salah, 28, is hinting he wants an improvement to his Liverpool contract, which runs until 2023, but the Reds have no plans to offer him a new deal at the moment.

AC Milan technical director Paolo Maldini says a loan move for Chelsea’s England defender Fikayo Tomori, 23, is close but could still yet fall through.

Real Madrid have agreed a deal to sign Bayern Munich’s Austria defender David Alaba, 28, in the summer.

Manchester United’s 28-year-old England midfielder Jesse Lingard, who has been linked with clubs including Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United, Marseille and Inter Milan, is keen to on a move but manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is reluctant to let him leave this month.

Manager Ralph Hasenhuttl says “life will go on” if England striker Danny Ings leaves Southampton for a bigger club this summer because the Saints cannot afford the 28-year-old’s contract demands.

Arsenal would need to offer up to £50m to tempt Norwich City into selling Argentine midfielder Emiliano Buendia, 24.

Derby County have angered Manchester City by blocking their attempt to sign goalkeeper Scott Carson on a permanent deal. The Championship club want to collect a loan fee for the 35-year-old Englishman this month.

Leicester City are ready to challenge Arsenal, Roma and AC Milan for the summer signing of 25-year-old Brazilian midfielder Otavio, who looks set to leave Portuguese side Porto when his contract runs out.

Galatasaray and Senegal striker Mbaye Diagne, 29, is on the list of strikers West Bromwich Albion are interested in signing this month.

However, Newcastle United’s English forward Andy Carroll, 32, is not on Baggies boss Sam Allardyce’s list of targets.

AC Milan and West Ham have enquired about a move for Barcelona’s out-of-favour Spanish left-back Junior Firpo, 24.

The Hammers have also made a bid for Sevilla’s Morocco forward Youssef En-Nesyri, 23.

The future of Borussia Dortmund’s England winger Jadon Sancho, 20, is unlikely to be resolved this month, but a move could materialise in the summer.

Inter Milan have agreed to sign Udinese’s 26-year-old Argentina midfielder Rodrigo de Paul, who has been linked with Liverpool and Leeds United.

Fulham failed with a surprise move for their former striker Moussa Dembele before the 24-year-old Frenchman joined Atletico Madrid on loan from Lyon last week.

Crystal Palace are considering a bid for Mainz’s French striker Jean-Philippe Mateta, 23.

Former Watford boss Vladimir Ivic is the frontrunner to take over as Sheffield Wednesday manager, although Doncaster Rovers’ Darren Moore is also being considered.

Several clubs are monitoring Chelsea’s 19-year-old English midfielder Marcel Lewis, who is out of contract in the summer but has yet to agree extended terms.

The Premier League will become the first competition to introduce permanent concussion substitutes for matches from the middle of next week.

Manchester United remain confident that Netherlands midfielder Donny van de Beek will be a success at Old Trafford, according to former goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar, chief executive at the 23-year-old’s former club Ajax.

United have received interest from clubs about taking Wales midfielder Dylan Levitt, 20, and English centre-back Teden Mengi, 18, on loan until the end of the season.

LutonTown manager Nathan Jones says he would be keen to re-sign Brighton’s former England Under-21s goalkeeper Christian Walton, 25, who spent a loan spell with the Hatters in the 2016-17 campaign.

Uefa chiefs are pushing ahead with plans to hold the climax of Euro 2020 at Wembley Stadium after being reassured by the scale of the UK’s Covid-19 vaccination programme.

Source:BBC Sport

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.